Ditch the chemical-based lotions with this DIY baby body butter recipe. It will keep your baby’s skin healthy with all-natural ingredients.
Why Homemade DIY Baby Body Butter?
It is seldom that we find a body lotion for our kids that is free from any questionable ingredients. Since complex chemicals can react adversely to the delicate skin of your toddler, it highly unsafe to rely upon them. Although they might moisturize the skin but their long-term use can result in making the skin dull. And then, there arises the reason to create a DIY baby body butter with natural ingredients. You can customize the DIY baby body butter with the choice of your ingredients to suit your kids well.
With this DIY baby body butter recipe, you can create an ample amount to last almost 3-4 months. This body lotion is not just limited for kid’s use particularly but you can even use it for yourself too. Even, this lotion is so mild and natural that you can use it on your infant’s skin too! While body lotions are preferable during the winter season to cover up for the dryness, one must use it in summers too. It can prevent your kid from the harmful sun exposure as you shouldn’t use sunscreens on infants’ skin.
DIY Baby Body Butter Recipe
What You Need:
- One fourth cup shea butter
- One-fourth cup of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon beeswax pastilles
- 2 teaspoon Vitamin-E oil
- Essential Oil of your choice
- Use the double-boiler method to melt the shea butter, coconut oil, and beeswax to turn them into a liquid consistency.
- Once they melt, add the vitamin-E oil and the essential oil to it. You can either use a particular essential oil or a combination of them to add a unique fragrance. For this recipe, we used rosemary oil, however, you can use lavender or peppermint too.
- Once the lotion hardens, you can whip the cream to get a fluffy texture. Although this step is totally optional and you can skip it if you don’t have enough time.
How To Use
Take a drop size amount of the cream in your hand and rub it on your palm and gently apply it to your baby’s skin. While rubbing the lotion, don’t go fast or harsh on the skin as it can cause irritation. We also recommend you to do a patch test before applying it to the skin altogether. This will let you know whether your kid is susceptible to any of the ingredients or not.
You can use it on a daily basis if it suits the kid’s skin as it doesn’t have any chemical-based ingredients. No more worrying about what you’re using for your kid with this baby body lotion recipe!