You can’t even come to imagine how beneficial a breastmilk station caddy would be if you’re a budding mom and how to use it. Keep reading momma!
You probably know that breastmilk is liquid gold if you’re a new mom. That’s why it’s all the more essential to keep your milk supply up and pumping regularly. However, like most moms, you probably find yourself constantly running out of storage bags or bottles. That’s where the breastmilk station caddy comes in handy! This helpful little storage idea keeps everything organized and within reach so that you can pump quickly and efficiently. This article will discuss the benefits of using a breastmilk station caddy and how to choose the right one for your needs.
What Is Caddy For Breastmilk?
Often time new mothers find it cumbersome to provide milk to their child during their busy schedule and that’s ok! Nothing to be ashamed of or worried about. We are quite busy with our lives and with a baby onboard, things get busier and busier. Therefore, an easy solution for this is to store the breastmilk at your convenience and provide your baby with food no matter how busy you are.
A caddy for breastmilk is a storage container that helps keep your breastmilk organized and easily accessible. It is usually made of durable material such as stainless steel or plastic and has multiple compartments to organize your milk according to dates and expiry. You can use breastmilk caddies to keep both fresh as well as frozen breastmilk.
Why Use A Breastmilk Caddy?
There are many benefits to using a breastmilk caddy:
- When you’re on a run, you can always revisit your caddy to pick a breastmilk bottle for your baby. The caddy will keep the milk organized for you!
- Storing the breastmilk in the caddy will increase the shelf life of the milk and prevent it from spoilage.
- A caddy can be your best friend for years till your baby actually grows out of the breastmilk habit. Therefore it is a durable option for your early motherhood.
- Don’t worry about the hassle to clean the caddy as it’s pretty quick and easy to clean and disinfect it every week.
DIY Breastmilk Caddy
Yes, there are many options for commercial breastmilk caddies, however, you can always go thrift and DIY one for yourself. Don’t worry it’s not that hard to create a DIY breastmilk caddy and will only take a few minutes from your busy life. You can either choose a large plastic or steel container and use cardboard pieces to create compartments. Compartments are necessary as they would help you to organize things the right way so that they are easily accessible. Second, you’ll need labels to mark the compartments with so that someone else using it knows where which thing is. Besides, labels will help to mark the date of the breastmilk and whether it’s fresh or frozen. Customize the box in such a way that it gets a place in your fridge otherwise, the milk will expire quickly if not kept in a cool and dark place.
What To Include In Caddy For Breastmilk?
As a new mom, you have enough to worry about without searching for everything you need to pump breast milk. That’s why a well-organized caddy is critical. But what should you include?
Here are some essential items that you need handy in your caddy and outside the caddy as well.
- Pump and all necessary parts: This includes the actual pump, tubes, bottles, and any other accessory that are specific to your pump.
- Nipple cream: You will probably be spending a lot of time pumping, so make sure you have some nipple cream on hand to relieve any soreness.
- Milk storage bags: You’ll need somewhere to store all that milk! Milk storage bags are essential.
- Cooler bag: A cooler bag is great for storing milk if you’ll be away from home for a while.
- Snacks and drinks: Pumping can take a while, so it’s essential to have some snacks and drinks on hand to keep your energy up.
- A comfy chair: You’ll spend a lot of time sitting down, so make sure you have a comfortable chair.
- A blanket can help you stay warm and comfortable while you pump.
With these essential items, you’ll be able to pump breastmilk quickly and efficiently!
Where To Store It?
Always store the breastmilk in the fridge or freezer, depending on how soon you plan to use it. If you need to thaw frozen breastmilk, put it in the refrigerator overnight or place it under running water. Never microwave breastmilk, as this can damage its nutrients.
How To Make A Portable Caddy?
If you plan to pump milk on the go, it is essential to have a portable caddy. A portable caddy will make your life easier and help you keep all of your pumping supplies organized. Here is how you can make your portable caddy:
You will need:
- A small rolling suitcase
- A breast pump
- A cooler bag
- Ice packs
- Breastmilk storage bags
- A nursing cover
- A portable battery pack
First, you will need to gather all of your supplies. Pack your breast pump and other essentials into the suitcase and add your cooler bag and ice packs. Then, you will need to add your breastmilk storage bags. Finally, add your nursing cover and portable battery pack.
Now that you have all of your supplies packed, you are ready to hit the road!
Are There Any Side Effects?
The good news is that there are no side effects associated with using a breastmilk station caddy! However, it is essential to note that you should always consult with your healthcare provider before changing your breastfeeding routine.
The Bottom Line
If you’re looking for a way to keep your breastmilk pumping supplies organized, a breastmilk station caddy is a way! A breastmilk station caddy is a great way to keep your nursery organized. It’s perfect for storing all of your breastmilk pumping supplies in one place. You can also use the caddy to store other baby items, such as diapers and wipes.
Do you use a breastmilk station caddy? Let us know in the comments below!