Struggling to find the right size diaper for your infant? Read this article to know What size diaper a 9-month-old should wear!
A diaper also called nappy in many countries is something that a baby is made to wear before she/he is toilet-trained. It helps against the leakage, preventing stains over clothes and sheets.
It comes in a variety of sizes and brands that differentiate them from one and another, according to your needs and benefits. Obviously, the more you want, the more you have to pay.
What remains most important is the size. Many new parents who are unaware of baby-sitting tend to make several mistakes, unintentionally which is completely expected. A right-sized diaper is everything that a baby wants.
Fun Fact: Do you know there’s a thing called a diaper party? It is a usual baby shower for just guys accompanying beer and BBQ. It’s a joint celebration of many dads together.
Let’s get in detail to study the perfect size for your baby!
First of all what are the sizes available?
Remind yourselves to keep the weight of your baby in mind. A diaper is always chosen by the weight and the age (in months) of the baby. Although it’s not the age or gender that decides your diaper, it should fit up properly as the mass suggests.
FIRST FEW WEEKS- a baby can weigh up to 10 lbs, use the diaper size 5. OLDER THAN 4 YEARS having a weight approximately >35 lbs, use the diaper size 6.
Now, What size diaper a 9-month-old should wear?
A 9 months baby can weigh from 16-28 lbs. Remember again, it’s not the age but the weight that matters. We can just calculate the average. Using a diaper size of 3 would be best.
Sometimes you may get confused about the size because they can overlap according to age and weight factors. Like – a 2-month baby can weigh approximately 11.3 pounds or 12.3 pounds, but in other cases, a baby can be born healthy too who can weigh more than the average weight mentioned. So in such cases, the size of the diaper is totally considered under the weight of the baby.
There are certain things that one must consider to check if the diaper size is accurate.
1. A diaper should fit equally proportioned to the baby. It should not appear as if it’s loose from a certain portion or part.
2. Always notice that the waistband of the diaper remains just under the belly button. If it remains above the belly button, it might be the wrong choice because it can be big according to the weight or age.
3. If the fastening tapes don’t reach the center of the waistband, choose a larger sized diaper.
4. If you see any red marks when you remove the diaper off, it means the urine or the stool has caused irritation or inflammation to the baby’s skin. Maybe the diaper is too tight for your baby. Therefore, in order to check if it’s not too compact, or too loose, just fit two fingers under the waistband. If you are able to fit your fingers, it means that the size is alright.
PROS AND CONS OF WEARING A DIAPER!
Everything has some advantages and disadvantages, period!
There are two types of diapers – cloth diaper and disposable diaper. Both of them have their own benefits and harm.
Talking about the cloth diaper, it’s one of the reusable diapers. It can be of different materials. It can be a natural fiber or a synthetic one. As material decides the absorbency, it is necessary to pick the right one. A cloth diaper would save you money. Just buy some in one go and re-use them until they get rough and worn out with continuous use. Usually, cloth diapers are made up of cotton and natural material, therefore they are eco-friendly and easily decomposed. In fact, there are several brands who use organic material to manufacture it which is entirely chemical-free and ensures good health.
- While traveling, it’s the most non-beneficial one because it doesn’t have good absorbency and requires frequent changing which becomes nearly impossible while you’re out.
- As it needs frequent changing, it requires regular wash too. Hence, needing more of your energy and time. Also, you must properly clean it every time to maintain the hygiene balance.
- And since it requires more washing, there is obviously more wastage of water.
On the other hand, disposable diapers are way more convenient to use. There are no worries for frequent changing as it has an awesome absorbency power that makes it last longer. Moreover, they are available at all specialty stores and online sites too. So you can buy it anytime, anywhere.
After using, you just need to trash the diaper and use another one instead of washing and wasting off your energy and time. It’s available in all sizes according to your little one’s weight and age.
- But they are expensive to use and not everyone can afford it in the long run. There is a certain chemical that holds the pass out for long, providing good absorbency, which may harm the health.
- It has fastening tapes which can cause skin rashes to your baby. More importantly, they are not eco-friendly as it takes years to decompose them.
- Apart from this, a parent would become more dependent upon the diapers because of the comfort it gives which can result in your child learning toilet-training late.