Read through the article about the benefits of kiwi banana puree for a baby. Keep reading to know more about kiwi banana puree for a baby.
There are many fruits that you can serve to your baby. Out of all the favorable fruits, kiwi and banana are two highly nutritious and healthy fruits that one can serve to their young ones. Learn about the benefits kiwi banana puree for a baby in this article.
Benefits of Kiwi for Babies
Kiwi can offer many potent benefits and aid the healthy growth of a child because of the following properties:
- In comparison to other fruits, kiwi has a lower amount of natural sugars that makes it safe even for diabetic patients.
- It is a storehouse of many essential nutrients.
- Kiwi provides adequate amounts of Vitamin C which helps in building up immunity and improving the functioning of various organs of the body.
- It supports cell growth in the body and helps in iron absorption in babies.
- Kiwi contains other nutrients like Copper, fiber, Vitamin E and K. Besides, it promotes healthy blood flow in the body.
- The most important benefit of kiwi for babies is that it helps the children to fight against asthma symptoms like coughing, shortness of breath, and wheezing.
Benefits of Bananas for Baby
Bananas, when served with milk can be the most nutritive combination that one can ever expect. Similarly, there are many other benefits of Bananas that a baby can enjoy:
- Bananas are easy for the baby to digest because of the high amounts of fiber.
- It is quite easy to carry bananas for babies. There is no need of cutting it and putting it down to slices. You can serve it to the baby directly.
- Bananas help in the management of diabetes in babies. It also helps them in improving their immunity to fight against heart problems.
- Eating a banana with milk optimizes the blood pressure in the body.
- It also plays a vital role in losing weight.
Combined Benefits of Kiwi and Banana
Kiwi fruit and bananas are quite similar in nature. Both are portable snacks and are perfect to go when you plan a trip to go somewhere. There are many similarities between the two fruits that make them complementary to each other.
- Both of the fruits are a good source of potassium.
- Kiwi and banana play a vital role in promoting heart health and the recovery of muscles.
- There are two types of fiber found in various fruits: soluble and insoluble. Both types of fiber are important for the growth of the child. Insoluble fiber facilitates the digestion of food and makes it move faster through the esophagus. On the contrary, soluble fibers slow down digestion so that the body can extract all the essential nutrients from the food. While kiwi contains insoluble fiber, banana offer soluble fibers.
Kiwi Banana Puree for Baby
Kiwi banana puree is quite easy to make. All you need to do is to follow these easy steps.
- 1 raw banana
- One Kiwi fruit
- Slice down the kiwifruit and chop the banana into pieces. Make sure that you peel off the kiwifruit quite well that you get its flesh part easily.
- Transfer the contents into a blender and blend them properly.
- Serve the blend of the two fruits to your child. You can add a little sweetener in case the kiwi was too sour.
Healthy Amount of Kiwi Banana Puree Per Day
Excess of everything can be worse. You need to make sure that you serve it to your baby in such a way that it does not harm your young one. You must fix the amount of kiwi banana puree for a baby to a maximum of half bowl per day. Excess of this combination can bring side effects such as loose motions among other things.
It can get quite monotonous for a child to eat the same thing everyday. To ensure that they don’t hate any fruit, try different combinations every alternate day.
Rule Out Allergies
Whenever you start serving something to your baby, you must start it with lesser quantities. In this manner, you will be able to check whether the child is responding to it in a positive manner or in a negative one. Any health hazard like coughing, vomiting, loss of breath, etc. can be a sign that your baby is developing some serious side effects. In such cases, stop giving the fruit/food to the child and try some other food combination to transfer the benefits.
These are all the properties and benefits of kiwi banana puree for a baby. We hope you will incorporate these two fruits in your child’s diet to reap the astounding benefits they have to offer.