Learn how to plan the perfect baby shower for your friend or family member with these tips and two popular pacifier baby shower games.
When a baby is arriving in your family or your friend circle, the excitement is at another level altogether. Celebrating the impending arrival seems almost mandatory, and everybody aims to make a baby shower memorable. It starts with setting a theme and then deciding on different food items, decorations, and ideas for playing games at the baby shower.
Planning a Baby Shower
As a host, deciding on the theme of the shower, you not only have to keep in mind the personality of the would-be-mom but also have to keep things simple and fun! Here are a few things you should keep in mind before hosting a baby shower:
Even as someone’s home is the most comfortable setup to reach and enjoy a baby shower, you should again think about the baby’s mother before deciding upon a venue. Based on her personality and interests, you can arrange the baby shower outdoors, in a restaurant, personal settings, or a hotel. However, make sure it is easy for the pregnant mom-to-be to reach.
The theme again should rely heavily on the personality of the mom. Once you know your theme, the decorations will take their course.
Check on the dietary precautions of the would-be-mother and decide on the menu accordingly. In addition to that, make sure that there are enough to eat food items that are filling. Also, don’t forget the drinks!
Depending on the number of activities, a baby shower generally wraps up in a few hours. However, it is the host’s duty that the guests are having fun during this time. So, games become an essential part of the event.
One such category of games is the pacifier games that are great for any baby shower. These games are quite fun and can also be done at an affordable price because pacifiers are not expensive items to buy.
Pacifier Baby Shower Games
1. Pin The Pacifier On The Baby
- For this game, you need a big picture of a baby, a blindfold, a picture of a pacifier for everyone present at the party, and a piece of tape for every baby pacifier picture.
- The game starts with hanging the baby’s picture on the wall or a door that is accessible to everyone present without any obstruction.
- Next, hand over the pacifier picture and tape to everyone. One by one, blindfold each guest and twirl them around, and ask them to locate the wall with the baby picture.
- Then, the blindfolded person has to try and stick the pacifier image to the portrait baby’s mouth. The player who’s pacifier picture is the closest to the baby’s mouth wins the game.
- This game can be played with an unlimited number of people and does not come with too many restrictions.
2. Pass the Pacifier
- Another fun pacifier baby shower game is Pass the Pacifier. For this game, one needs pacifiers with loop handles and a straw for every guest who plays this game.
- The guests are then divided into teams and lined up. Every team should consist of a minimum of four players. Then, hand out a straw to every player.
- Next, ask the players to put the straw in their mouths. Hand out a pacifier to the first person in the line for each team and ask them to put the pacifier on the end of their straw.
- Now, the person with the pacifier has to transfer it to the person behind them without using their hands.
- The same process continues until the pacifier has reached the last person in the queue. The team that gets to the last person the fastest wins.
These pacifier baby shower games are super fun to play and do not require too much effort and time! So, arrange the perfect baby shower for your friend or family member today.