Read the specially chosen natural nipple cream recipes here in this article and clear the doubts in your head by knowing the benefits of using them.
Breastfeeding is not fun, not at all. You, as a lactating mother, need to take good care of yourself, especially your nipples during the feeding phase. This article contains a few recipes that you can follow if you want to use a nipple cream for the most crucial as well as sensitive months of your life. You will also read about some of the benefits and advantages of using these organic nipple creams instead of commercial ones.
4 Natural Nipple Cream Recipes
Lavender Scented Cocoa Buttercream
- 4 tbsp cocoa butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sweet almond oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 drops of lavender essential oil
- Start melting the cocoa butter on low heat.
- Once it melts, add olive oil, coconut oil, and almond oil to it.
- When you see that everything melts down properly, you can remove it from heat and stir well.
- Now you can add a few drops of Lavender oil for a scented fume.
- Let the cream harden in a refrigerator or at room temperature if you live in a cold climate area.
All the ingredients used in this cream are good for the skin and do not cause any side effects. Apply a generous amount of the cream on your nipple whenever they become dry.
Castor and Almond Oil Nipple Cream
- 250 ml castor oil
- 250 ml almond oil
- 25 grams beeswax
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 5-10 drops of essential oil
- Melt beeswax in a saucepan at low heat.
- Now add castor oil and almond oil to the melted beeswax and mix it well.
- Next, add some honey and stir again.
- In the end, add a few drops of your favorite essential oil. You can use lavender, jasmine, bergamot, peppermint, clove, etc.
Castor oil keeps the skin moisturized and prevents it from cracking down due to dryness. Take a blob of the moisturizer and apply it to your sore and dry nipples.
Calendula Nipple Cream
- Olive oil
- Cocoa butter
- Dried Calendula flowers
- Dried Chamomile flowers
- Marshmallow roots
- Take one-fourth cup of each calendula and chamomile flowers and put them in a double boiler.
- Now, add 2 tablespoons of Marshmallow root and one cup olive oil and continue to heat.
- Once the mixture infuses well, take 1/4 cup of it and mix it with one-fourth cup of cocoa butter.
- Boil the ingredients and keep stirring.
- Once it boils, you can store it in a tin jar.
The use of herbs for the treatment of skin and nipples is always good as they do not have any side effects or harm unless you’re allergic to them.
Calendula Coconut Cream
- 1/4 cup of Marshmallow roots
- One-fourth cup of Calendula flowers
- 1/8 cup of beeswax
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of shea butter
- Put the herbs and coconut oil in a canning jar.
- In a medium-sized slow cooker, line the bottom with a thick towel.
- Now, place the jar of herbs and oil on the towel.
- Fill the cooker with water. You need to make sure that the level of water should be below the lid of the canning jar.
- Since it is a time taking process, you need to show some patience. In this step, you need to turn the slow cooker on warm and leave it for 3 to 5 days.
- Once the mentioned tenure completes, you can remove the cooker and let it cool.
- You can strain the oil from the jar in another container.
- To the oil that you have infused, you need to add beeswax and shea butter.
- You need to boil the mixture again till it melts well.
- Once you find that the mixture is melting well, you can remove it from boiling and allow it to cool.
- In the end, you can store it in a tin jar.
All of these recipes are made up of ingredients that do not cause any harm to the body. The ingredients are natural and free of chemicals. As mentioned above, you need to take care of yourself and your body during your lactating phase because you are having a big responsibility of keeping your child healthy besides yourself. In the further stages, you will read about the benefits of using organic cream over commercial ones.
Natural Nipple Creams over Commercial Ones
As you already know that it is not always a good idea to rely on chemicals for personal care. It’s not about yourself, you should think about your baby who needs to suck your nipple every 3 to 4 hours. The skin there should be highly moisturized and hydrated, and that too with something organic so that it does not affect the health of the baby. As a result of various surveys and research, one can conclude that chemicals are never a good option for nipple creams.
Benefits of Natural Nipple Creams
Here is a list of all the benefits that you can experience if you are using natural nipple cream during your lactating phase:
- With a natural nipple cream, you will never face the problem of cracked or sore skin on and near your nipples.
- Natural nipple creams nourish and heal the deep skin cells and rejuvenate them.
- These natural nipple creams also make sure that the skin near and on the nipples is moisturized all the time.
- It also prevents itching and stretch marks on the breasts so that the baby does not feel uncomfortable while latching out the milk.
- These creams are responsible for the prevention of bleeding during the lactating phase of a mother.
- You might feel uncomfortable after a certain period as the skin starts drying easily during that phase. These natural nipple creams can make you feel relaxed and comfortable.
You can feel all the above things if you use natural nipple creams to get through this crucial yet the most special phase of your motherhood.
The Last Lines
It hardly matters that you become a mother for the first time or the second one, you have to be very cautious about everything related to your body which might affect the health of your young one. Your lactating phase has a lot to do with your child’s health as their only meal depends upon you. You should use high-quality ingredients as mentioned above to make your natural nipple cream as mentioned in the above article. If you want to feel the change, you have to bring one.