Make some cute memories with your baby while creating a baby foot ornament DIY to preserve their little feet forever!
What’s a Baby Foot Ornament?
It’s when we imprint the baby’s dinky foot on some ornament and use it for decoration, especially the Christmas tree, which looks adorable. In a way, they enhance the beauty naturally. Usually, we buy ornaments from market at high price and sometimes they don’t even look appealing. Therefore, homemade ornaments are the priority over market-based ones. Moreover, if you are a new parent, you can have fun making it as you can make your baby participate in the manufacturing too which would make them happy. Also, when they grow up, it would be exciting for them to see their imprints. Check out the below baby foot ornament DIY ideas!
#1 BABY FOOT ORNAMENT
What You Need
- 2 cups of flour
- ¾ cup of hot water
- ½ cup of salt.
- Make dough of the ingredients by mixing up all in a bowl.
- Using this dough, make a desired shape like a circle, oval, or any shape you like. You can also cut it with a sharp knife after taking the foot print.
- With light hands, gently press the hand or foot of baby onto the shape. It may take some time and trials to get a clear impression but it will be worth it. Even if it’s not getting right, keep trying by rolling and making the desired shape again with the same dough which is a bonus point of using salt dough.
- Do not forget to make a hole on the top so that you can easily hang it upon the Christmas tree or wall.
- Microwave your creation for about 3 minutes. If not microwave, you might sun-dry but it is not quite successful as it may become too hard and prone to break.
- Now what is left is your creativity you want to impose on your ornament. You may use paints and glitter to make them look appealing and attach a fancy ribbon to it.
- Finally, cover it with protective polyurethane to seal the creation.
#2 Ornament DIY
- Take ornament balls as per your need and make sure they are clean and clear.
- Now brush on some clear Elmer’s glue to the foot of the baby and place it on the ornament ball.
- Sprinkle some glitter (of your own choice) to the glue imprint of foot on the ornament and let it dry for 5 minutes.
- Shake off the extra glitter and what you’ll see would be the shimmery foot print on the ball.
- After drying them, spray glossy acrylic paint to the ball and again leave them to dry for an hour or so.
- Finally, write your baby’s name and year with a special pen on the ornament and its ready.
Little feet of babies make the biggest footprint in parent’s hearts!