Learn everything about oregano water for babies and its health benefits along with side effects before starting to use it for kids.
Oregano Water for Babies
A herb that is most commonly used in cooking, Oregano has many other benefits that make it an excellent product for babies. This article contains relevant information on the health benefits of oregano water for babies. You might not know about Oregano and its outcomes, so this article will equip you with all the relevant information that you need to know about it before using it as a healthy ingredient in your child’s growth.
Health Benefits of Oregano Water
There are a lot of health benefits of oregano water that can leave you surprised.
1. Reduces Inflammation
The intake of oregano water can decrease the inflammation in your body and tone your child’s body structure.
2. Has Antioxidants
Products containing oregano or oregano itself have a rich antioxidant component that compels many mothers to include it in their child’s diet.
3. Fights Diseases
Regular consumption of the herb in any form can go a long way in fighting many chronic diseases and even keeps your child safe from inheriting viral infections.
Oregano Water Recipe
It is easy to make oregano water if you follow the below given simple steps:
What You Need:
- Dried Oregano Leaves
What to Do:
- Boil a cup of water in a saucepan.
- In a separate bowl, put your dried oregano leaves and pour the hot boiling water over them.
- Stir the ingredients for 2 to 3 minutes. And let it sit for 5 or so minutes so that the water takes the goodness of oregano leaves.
- Strain the oregano leaves and pour the water into a cup.
These are all the simple steps you need to follow if you want to make oregano water at home and serve it to your kids. Serve the drink once a week in small quantities to your kids. Always remember that an excess of anything can be bad, therefore, moderation is the key.
Other Oregano Uses
Oregano is used as an ingredient to add an Italian flavor to a variety of food items. You can use Oregano for various stuffing like pizza sauce or salad dressing to make it tasty and bring up a bounce in the essence of homemade sauces. You can use oregano water to sprinkle on food items like meat or chicken. It gives a Mediterranean flavor to the food.
- Everything in this world possesses both positive and negative effects. Similarly, Oregano, a medicinal herb, should be taken in a limited amount because it can be a reason for various ailments.
- If you’re pregnant, avoid the consumption of oregano without the consult of your doctor.
- A child’s digestive system is weak and subject to change every now and then. Therefore, monitor your child after giving the oregano water and see if he/she react negatively to it to check for any allergy.
- Don’t give your child oregano water more than half a cup once a week as too much oregano water can lower down the blood sugar levels.
- If your child is allergic to basil, lavender, mint, and/or sage; avoid giving oregano water to your baby as oregano can have similar reactions.
We hope you learned something from this article and that you will try oregano water for babies while considering the potential side effects.